If someone adds you to any WhatsApp group and you are troubled by this, then one setting can solve your problem. By default the setting for adding to a group in WhatsApp is ‘Everyone’ but you can change it.
WhatsApp groups are a great medium to connect with many friends and family members at once, but it gets annoying when someone adds to you without your permission. To avoid being added to useless groups, WhatsApp has provided some facilities, which are used by very few people. Today we will tell you a tip with the help of which you will be able to save yourself from being added to any WhatsApp group.
How to avoid being added to a WhatsApp group?
If someone adds you to any WhatsApp group and you are troubled by this, then one setting can solve your problem. By default, the setting for adding to a group in WhatsApp is ‘Everyone’, but you can change it, after which no one will be able to add you to any WhatsApp group without your permission.
First of all open WhatsApp.
- Now click on the three dots visible upwards on the right side.
- Now click on Settings and click on Account.
- Now go to Privacy and click on the Groups option.
- Now you will already see Everyone, after clicking on which you will get two other options My Contacts and My Contacts Except along with Everyone.
- By selecting Everyone, anyone will be able to add you to the group without your permission.
- By selecting My Contact, only those people who are in your contact list will be able to add you to a WhatsApp group.
- By selecting My Contacts Except, you can select those people who can add you to the group. After clicking on this option, only those people whom you select will be able to add you to any group.